Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Welcome and My Why

  So I've decided to jump on the crafting blog bandwagon. I've been crafting on and off for a long time and the new popularity of Pinterest (which is WILDLY addicting) has reignited my urge to craft and make things that help organize my life. I find crafting very relaxing and a wonderful outlet for stress! I do wish I had more time to craft, but as I have a daughter under the age of 1 at home, my craft time is limited almost exclusively to nap time.
   I'm not new to the blogging world, I've had a blog for over 10 years. To be honest, I'm not sure that it was called a "blog" when I first started writing what was my online journal. I used my old blog to write about my day and share thoughts and feelings with my friends, which was especially important to me after I moved half way across the country when I got married after my freshman year of college. Blogging allowed me to connect with my friends anytime, night or day. After my best friend passed away in a car accident a couple years back, reading her old blog was very healing. 
   I'm hoping that this blog will not only show you some of the crafts that I've done and a few tips on how to accomplish them on your own, but that it will be a sort of "crafting journal". Maybe in a few years I will look back at this blog and see old projects that I've done and be inspired to continue creating.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment: